Think breakfast and breakfast staples like omelette, cereals, cheela, butter toast start to crowd the thoughts. Another breakfast deal with that we can not ever get sufficient of is poha. Poha is a dish made with flattened rice flakes. The dish is so widespread that in some states rice flakes are known as poha. Poha might be ready in a gamut of the way; you will need to have heard of Indori poha and Maharashtra’s Kanda poha. Just a couple of permutation and mixtures can provide you an entire new dish each time. You also can make your poha as wholesome as you need. So one in all lately once we tried upping the protein content material of our each day poha by mixing in a couple of moong dal sprouts, the outcomes had been greater than wonderful!
Moong dal sprouts are replete with protein, antioxidants, fibre and vitamin A, B, C and E. You can sprout the moong beans a day prematurely and use them in a bunch of your recipes so as to add some flavour to your plain ol’ dishes.
How To Make Sprouts Poha | Easy Sprouts Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup of boiled moong dal sprouts
- 2 cup of poha or chiwda or flattened rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup of finely chopped tomatoes
- Salt for style
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
1. Wash and pressure the chiwda. Leave it apart for 10 minutes.
2. Take a pan and warmth the oil and add mustard seeds.
3. Once the seeds start to crackle, add onions. Sautee a bit until onions flip barely brown.
4. Add tomatoes and sprouts and sautee once more on medium flame for one to 2 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder and salt and blend once more,
6. After a couple of minute add half a cup of water and let it cook dinner for 2 minutes.
7. Now, add the poha and lemon juice. Stir constantly for two minutes till all the things is properly blended.
8. Serve sizzling with a garnish of coriander leaves and a pinch of chaat masala in case you like.
Try this recipe and tell us the way you appreciated it.
(This content material together with recommendation supplies generic info solely. It is by no means an alternative to certified medical opinion. Always seek the advice of a specialist or your individual physician for extra info. NDTV doesn’t declare accountability for this info.)
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a powerful penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions apart from discussing meals contains, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV reveals.